Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tips for Traveling While You Are Pregnant


Many women have to travel when they are pregnant and here are some useful tips for traveling while you are pregnant. It is needless to mention that no one likes to travel during pregnancy but such is life. It could be that meeting or a much awaited commitment that may be need of the hour.

In fact I was ecstatic when the doctor’s office called on me confirming I was pregnant. But little did I know that I would be traveling in that condition too! I had no other choice and had to give in to the situation. Here is what I did; the first thing that I did was to consult my doctor and seek his valuable advice.
Then after he gave me the green signal I sorted out my medications in the first place. I kept them handy in my hand bag and set out for my traveling experience. Once I boarded the flight I made sure that I sit close to the washroom just for emergency. The truth is I never got a seat close by to the lavatory but thankfully exchanged it with a gentleman for my convenience.

I made sure that I remain relaxed and focused primarily on my work other than anything. The reason behind this is that it was my baby which was my priority and I was nervous to travel. So I kept my cool and avoided getting stressed. I tried to divert my mind of any ill thoughts. This helped me a lot while traveling. I also recalled one of my friend’s advice to sit comfortably as she also had the experience of traveling while pregnant. That is why I tried to make room for me wherever I sat.
In reality pregnant women can travel provided they keep safety on their mind. My mother travel 1600 kilometers when she was seven months pregnant by a car owing to my father’s transfer! My sister was born healthy and without any complications normally. She just kept the safety belt on and she cruised through the road at ease. So it is possible to travel while you are pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment